Honeyed Chicken Breast Recipe.
What a week! Its friday already! Wow! It’s like I blinked and Friday kicked the rest of the days away. Weekend is here and something really exciting is coming up here! Keep your eyes wide open!
Today I used honey to cook a main meal and I was pretty stunned at the flavour of honey on chicken. Like super STUNNED! I have always been seeing recipes using honey to add that sweetish flavour to meats but I had never had the guts to try it for myself. Today I actually picked up my guts, sucked it in and tried it! Results? Honey-mazing!
Let me get straight to it.
I had one chicken breast left over from two nights ago so I grabbed that quickly and started.
1 or 2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
half tsps salt
1 tablespoon levelled chilli powder
- Pour into a small bowl: honey, lemon juice, chilli and salt. Mix well
- Make delicate slits on the chicken breasts
- Pour spice mix onto the chicken making sure you stuff some into the slits you made earlier. Very key. 🔑
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 2-3
- Oil up grill to prevent chicken from sticking to the metal and gently lay it on.
- Check on chicken in 20 minutes and turn to the other side.
- To check if it’s done, give it a bit of prod with your finger and if its soft then its not done. When it’s hard in the next 10 minutes then it’s ready!
Perfectly delicious! I surprised myself for eating one whole breast by myself. 😊 It went perfectly with sautéed potatoes and a side of tomato sauce. I have to try this again. Soon. Very soon.