Honey & Mustard Chicken. Yes Please!
Chicken breast is so versatile and lean. You can shred it, cube it, mince it, skewer it..literally go nuts having your way with it. It carries less fat than chicken thighs and definitely less calories. Add it to your shopping list for your next supermarket trip.
Today's recipe is so easy with easy-to-find ingredients on the local market. Let's get started so you see just how simple it is and yet very delicious.
- 1/2 Kilo Chicken Breasts (3-4 pieces)
- 1 Tbsps Honey
- 1 Tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- Carrots (optional)
- 1 Tbsps Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 2
2. Wash Chicken Breasts under running water and using a kitchen towel, pat dry on both sides
3. Mix together dijon and honey and stir through. Add in other ingredients and pour over chicken.
4. Pour spiced chicken into a Pyrex baking dish, spread carrots on sides. Garnish with a Rosemary sprig or any fresh herb on hand. Bake for 20 mins.
5. Enjoy with steamed white rice or vegetables.
The best part of this recipe is the juice which drains from the chicken. It blends in quite nicely with the mustard mix to create a delicious stock for eating with rice or as a base for making sauce. The honey & mustard mix was genuinely incredible! Honey is a perfect ingredient for adding moisture to the chicken and the blend with mustard and the other ingredients gave it a sweet-and-sour unbeatable flavour. The rosemary sprig released its own fragrance to top it off! What a win!
That wasn't complicated, right? 😃
Give this recipe a try and do share your thoughts in the comments below.
This is a SeeMyChow contribution by Life & Style blogger Naa Oyoo Kumodzi who writes at naaoyooquartey.com . She is a born foodie, lifestyle blogger, food photographer and social media strategist for businesses.